The Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda) is developing a mixed-use community development on the North Lot of the historic Pacific Hospital campus. In order to maximize the 3-acre parcel and public resources, the project will be constructed over 2 phases. Construction for the first phase is projected to begin in the summer of 2021 and complete in the summer of 2023. Phase I will include the following:
- 158 units of affordable, family-sized housing (20% of which will be 3- or 4-bedroom units)
- a 24,000 square foot facility for a Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) which will be owned and operated by International Community Health Services
- a 10,000 square foot facility for the Jose Marti Child Development Center, which will be leased and operated by El Centro de la Raza
- Beacon Hill and the CID have been identified by the City as communities that are at high risk of displacement due to increasing development pressures and gentrification.
- Families in the area often live in multi or intergenerational housing. Providing adequate housing opportunities for these families is critical in preserving the communities that are being pushed out of Seattle due to rapidly increase market rents and lack of market produces family-sized housing.
- Collocating childcare facilities and elderly care facilities will provide additional support and services that will allow these families to remain in the communities they have called home for generations.
1200 12th Avenue South
Beacon Hill and the Chinatown International District
|< 50% AMI||79|
|< 60% AMI||79|
- 53 parking stalls in phase I to support housing residents, PACE staff, and childcare staff
- Building managed by an organization with 40+ years providing culturally competent services to immigrant and refugee populations (SCIDpda)
- Transit-rich neighborhood with quick access to downtown
Community Development through Community Partnership
Seattle Chinatown International District PDA – Owner, Community Engagement & Property Manager
AiPACE – Owner and operating of PACE facility
El Centro de la Raza – Operating of Jose Marti Child Development Center
Hospital PDA – Campus steward and neighbor
City of Seattle Office of Housing – Project Funder
King County – Project Funder
Washington State Department of Commerce – Project Funder
Developers – Development Consultants
Weber Thompson – Architect
Marpac Construction – General Contractor
Seattle Office of Housing income qualifications are available here.
If you have questions or comments, please email REdevoutreach@scidpda.org.