SCIDpda is leading the Chinatown International District Complete Count Committee for the 2020 Census. It is important for our community to respond to the Census as many of our programs are funded through the data collected by the Census.
We have a number of resources below about the Census and information for you to use.
Census Counts Resources
The Census Counts campaign, a collaborative project led by The Leadership Conference Education Fund, is working in all 50 states, partnering with national and local organizations. See their resources:
- Get Out the Count Toolkit: This toolkit provides you with information, ideas, and strategies you can use to partner effectively and encourage participation in the 2020 Census.
- Resource Library: Your home for 2020 Census resources, including fact sheets, pledge cards, backgrounders, and toolkits.
- Messaging: Use this guide to frame your 2020 Census messaging that can help craft messages about why the census is so important to your specific community, the laws that protect your constituents’ data, and the different ways people can participate in the census.
- Graphics: Find here a selection of graphics you can use to accompany your social media posts.
Census Introduction Materials
- How the 2020 Census Affects Your Community
- Language Resources and How to Get Assistance
- How Do I Respond to the 2020 Census and What Does it Ask Me?
- Census Guide in all 59 Census Languages
- Apply Now with the Census Bureau
This will be updated monthly , stay tuned!
In partnership with CISC and Friends of Little Saigon, we will be hosting Questionnaire Assistance Centers were anyone can come and take the Census.
QAC’s provide assistance on the Census and are available from March 16th to April 30th. If you can, please bring your postcard from the Census Bureau (you will be receiving this in the mail). Please see below the location and times that the QAC’s will take place
With growing concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, CISC, SCIDpda, and FLS have decided to close QAC sessions until April unless stated otherwise.
Tuesdays – CISC
Thursdays – SCIDpda
Saturday Mornings – CISC
March 21st and 28th – Pho Bac Sup Shop
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sheena Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.