Positions are open until filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter addressing qualifications, a résumé to:
By mail: SCIDpda Attn: Human Resources PO Box 3302 Seattle, WA 98114
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 206-467-6376
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Reports to: Director of Property Operations
FSLA: Exempt full time – 40 hours per week
Job Summary: In the ever-changing reality of Seattle’s growth and expansion sits the mission of the Seattle Chinatown-International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda)—a community development organization whose mission is to preserve, promote, and develop the CID as a vibrant and unique ethnic neighborhood. Does this sound like a challenge you are interested in taking on? Do you have a passion for the role of small-businesses and economic development? Understand how property operations makes it all work? If you answered yes to all three questions, this role may be the right one for you. We are looking for an experienced commercial property manager to join our team and guide our commercial portfolio through pandemic recovery and forward as we continue to expand.
General Nature & Scope: The Commercial Property Manager (CPM) is responsible for leasing and ongoing operations of SCIDpda’s commercial portfolio while maximizing NOI and asset value. The work of the CPM is guided by SCIDpda’s mission, values and strategic plan. The CPM is a senior management member for the Property Operations team and may participate in management discussions for the organization overall. The position teams with another Commercial Property Manager and both report directly to the Director of Property Operations.
- Marketing to fill current and future vacancies by identifying needs and opportunities and developing consistent strategies to reduce vacancies
- Building relationships to retain current business, expanding opportunities with existing clients, and developing new relationships to build future client base
- Screening prospective tenant applications to find the best fit for the vacant space, including running credit and criminal background checks on potential tenants
- Negotiating initial and renewal lease terms consistent with SCIDpda policies and procedures, ensuring the necessary provisions are met to protect the Organization.
- Setting rent levels in accordance with market trends, sending monthly rent statements to tenants, collecting rent, performing legal preparation and service and debt collection as needed, and making adjustments as lease terms change.
- Consistent and routine accounts receivable monitoring and collection.
- Consistent and routine tenant charge updates added to Yardi and tenant distribution in a timely manner
- Assisting with annual budget preparation, monitoring and conducting routine reviews and analysis of financial performance
- Performing timely NNN reconciliations on a scheduled basis, and updating tenant charges in Yardi
- Creating and overseeing consistent, well-organized tenant, vendor, maintenance, and operations files
- Contacting and preparing professional correspondence with tenants, vendors, and maintenance
- Conducting quarterly market comparisons and understanding and adapting to market trends based on comparisons
- Conducting weekly (or more frequent) property walks to evaluate conditions to ensure high-level curb appeal and maximize overall commercial property conditions
- Coordinate with and monitor performance of maintenance and janitorial staff to ensure expected site conditions are met
- Assist with identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) and perform routine tracking for reporting purposes
- Plan and organize a course of action to accomplish goals, develop plans for achieving results, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, measure performance against goals, and evaluate results
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Responding to commercial tenant maintenance requests and emergencies
- Distributing notices, flyers and invoices to commercial tenants
- Providing property access to vendors
- Entering work orders in Yardi to cure identified maintenance needs as identified on property walks
- All other related duties and responsibilities as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, analytical, and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse population
- Strong customer service and time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and in a timely manner
- Ability to interpret financial data and performance reports and present results
- Ability to work comfortably within all levels of the organization, as well as externally
Education & Experience:
- Proven customer service experience
- Chinese speaking preferred (but not required)
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word, and Yardi software preferred
Minimum of four years progressively responsible experience in property management; preferably with commercial property.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in a business office environment to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in an office environment with a low to medium noise volume. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read, speak, stand, walk, sit, and use a computer keyboard and monitor.
- Frequent use of phone for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Frequent contact with residents, tenants, and general public
- Semi-frequent walking within six block area required to assess overall site conditions for marketing purposes and to ensure client satisfaction.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the general scope of responsibility. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Salary ranges between $70,000 – $80,000, plus an annual bonus of up to 10% of salary based on the organization meeting performance goals.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and employer contribution toward a 401a retirement plan. Cell phone stipend. Generous PTO package. Flexible Working Schedule, Hybrid Opportunity.