Positions are open until filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter addressing qualifications, a résumé to:
By mail: SCIDpda Attn: Human Resources PO Box 3302 Seattle, WA 98114
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 206-467-6376
For more information email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Reports to: Director of Finance
FSLA: Full-time Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for leading the accounting functions of the organization and the accounting department to ensure that best practices are met, that reporting is accurate and timely, that compliance requirements are met, and that the organization, the leadership team and the Board of Directors are well-supported by the finance department.
- Manage all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets and payroll.
- Hire, train and supervise accounting staff.
- Coordinate preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for Finance Committee.
- Review, monitor and project cash flow and future operating cash needs.
- Manage bank accounts at multiple institutions.
- Oversee preparation of state and local business taxes, maintenance of business licenses, and processing of 1099’s.
- Contribute to annual operating plan, including budget, capital plan and strategic goals.
- Monitor and update accounting and financial compliance, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Manage annual external audit process.
- Act as accounting software administrator.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
- Knowledge of nonprofit/governmental accounting desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking.
- Strong analytical and consultative skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Strong people and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse staff.
- Comfortable working within all levels of an organization, as well as externally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and stay focused when faced with multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting
- Progressive experience supervising staff
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Salary Range: $64,667 – $81,295
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Working Schedule, Hybrid Opportunity
SCIDpda Mission: To preserve, promote and develop the Seattle Chinatown International District as a vibrant community and unique ethnic neighborhood.