Positions are open until filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter addressing qualifications, a résumé to:
By mail: SCIDpda Attn: Human Resources PO Box 3302 Seattle, WA 98114
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 206-467-6376
For more information email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Summary: Ensure complete and accurate financial records by applying generally accepted accounting principles to record financial information and prepare financial reports, with limited supervision.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare supporting schedules.
- Post journal entries to general ledger.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Use standard spreadsheet and database software for general accounting.
- Perform specialized accounting assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-audits for accuracy.
- Problem-solve independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To preserve, promote and develop the Seattle Chinatown International District as a vibrant community and unique ethnic neighborhood.
Reports To: Director of Property Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda), a 45-year-old community development organization, serves one of the city’s most diverse neighborhoods. Its mission is to preserve, promote, and develop the Chinatown International District (CID) as a vibrant community and unique ethnic neighborhood. SCIDpda has been recognized locally and nationally for its innovation in three program areas: property operations, real estate development, and community economic development and engagement. SCIDpda currently has 50 culturally competent staff, many whom speak a language other than English, which enables them to interact with our community. Our staff have a deep love for the Chinatown International District, and understand the importance of our organization in serving the district.
General Scope of Work: This position reports to the Director of Property Operations (DPO). The MM is responsible for the overall leadership of SCIDpda’s Maintenance Program and Maintenance Team. The MM works closely with the Maintenance Supervisor for effective management of the Maintenance Team. The role ensures that our residential and commercial properties are maintained to a clean, safe and high-quality standard as a key component of SCIDpda’s mission and values.
1. Maintenance Team Management
- Provide day-to-day guidance to MM and maintenance team staff as needed
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to recruit, train, supervise, and develop maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Support & guidance for operations team to ensure effective housing and commercial property management.
- Create, implement, and evolve SCIDpda’s maintenance standards.
2. Financial Analysis, Management, and Reporting
- Work with DPO to ensure Maintenance team goals, fiscal targets, and key performance indicators are being met on a monthly basis.
- Works with senior Property Operations staff to assess Maintenance budget for performance.
- Work with DPO on timely preparation of annual Property Operations budgets; and authorize expenditures consistent with adopted budgets.
- Ensure that all operational, fiscal, and tenant-related compliance obligations required by regulatory agencies with whom SCIDpda has an obligation are monitored and met to the highest standard.
3. Capital Needs Planning & Implementation
- Work with DPO to assess the overall needs of all SCIDpda owned and managed properties.
- Manage SCIDpda’s 2021 CNA process for all properties.
- Work with DPO and SCIDpda Accounting team to plan for capital improvements.
- Implement RFP processes for capital improvements.
4. Vendor & Service Contracts
- Evaluate and Manage existing and new service contracts for major building systems and operations.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of vendor contractors for various maintenance needs.
- Manage RFP processes for selection of vendors on new or existing projects. Evaluate responses and make recommendations for selection.
- Ensure that any communications between the department, the organization, residents and external stakeholders are conducted in alignment with our values, our mission and in a culturally competent manner.
5. Organizational Leadership
- Serve as a senior member of the Property Operations team, serve as the direct lead for Maintenance Supervisor.
- Collaboratively participate in department decision making as directed by DPO.
- Work with DPO to prepare monthly reports to Executive Team and SCIDpda Board of Directors.
- Attend Board meetings and support the work of the Board as directed by DPO.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated history of leadership both formal and informal, and across teams.
- Relevant management experience. Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills to work with and motivate all levels of management and staff. Experience in community development, property management, facilities management, or asset management preferred.
- Ability to plan and analyze financial, fiscal, and business data.
- Ability to shift focus as necessary, manage multiple priorities, and be flexible.
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer programs (Microsoft Office); Yardi proficiency desirable.
- Train and supervise employees of the maintenance department
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work
- Ensure operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Ensure that SCIDpda buildings and facilities are kept in clean and hygienic condition
- Implement workplace safety policies and standards
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity in understanding blueprints and schematics
- Effective communication and people management skills
Physical Demands / Working Conditions: The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in a business office environment to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in an office environment with a low noise volume. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read, speak, stand, walk, sit and use a computer keyboard and monitor
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position, the level of knowledge and skills typically required and the general scope of responsibility. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relieve other employees, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload as needed.