First Round Grants Available: CID Restaurants & Other Small Businesses Relief Fund
FIRST ROUND OF GRANTS CLOSES AT 5PM ON 4/21. PLEASE SUBMIT W-9s TO CIDBIZRELIEF@SCIDPDA.ORG BY THEN.
The first round of CID Restaurants and Other Small Businesses Relief Fund small business grants is available. This round consists of $1,500 in aid to locally-owned restaurants in Chinatown International District (including Little Saigon) who have not already been awarded City of Seattle Small Business Stabilization Fund grants. As described when launched, the first round focuses on restaurants who lost business as early as February. The Fund organizers (SCIDpda, CIDBIA & Friends of Little Saigon) are continuing to fund raise and hope to extend the fund to other types of CID small businesses in future rounds.
We are currently updating the list of grant recipients. For the list, click here.
The following criteria must be met to qualify for first round funding:
- Located in Chinatown/International District (which includes Little Saigon) and currently maintaining premises (may have temporarily closed due to COVID-19)
- Licensed food service business (including restaurants, cafes, caterers, and bars that serve food)
- Locally-owned, including locally-owned franchises (must be privately held by residents of Western Washington)
- Business may have no more than three (3) outlets or locations total
- May not be a recipient of the City of Seattle’s first round of up-to-$10,000 Small Business Stabilization grants
- Business owner must be able to complete and execute a W-9 form (this requires a Taxpayer Identification Number)
Notification of Award & Receipt of Funds
If you qualify for this round of grants, staff from one of the organizations administering this fund will be contacting you directly by email or phone by 5pm, Friday, April 3rd. If you qualify and have not heard from us by that time, please inquire in the following ways:
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in any language
- For Vietnamese, call Ricky Pham at (206) 307-1538
- For Cantonese, call Monica Ly at (206) 313-7578
- For Mandarin, call Brian Liu at (206) 488-3266
PLEASE DO NOT INQUIRE PRIOR TO 5PM, FRIDAY APRIL 3RD. Thank you for your cooperation.