A second round of grants from the CID Restaurants and Other Small Businesses Relief Fund is available. The second round is for retailers and other small businesses that provide Chinatown/International District’s core shopping and cultural services and suffered losses due to COVID-19. The first round focused on restaurants and other food service businesses. The grant amount is $1,500. It is available to qualifying businesses that have not already received more than $5,000 in grants.
Qualifying business types for round two:
- Brick & mortar retailers
- Beauty salons, barbershops, cosmetology schools, tattoo services & beauty supply wholesalers
- Martial arts and other sports and recreation schools
- Travel agencies
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine practitioners
- Karaoke businesses
- Automotive repair shops
- Food production, wholesale & distribution, and other manufacturers
The following criteria must also be met to qualify for second round funding:
- Located in Chinatown/International District (which includes Little Saigon)
- Maintaining premises (paying rent or other maintenance expenses)
- Operating with consistent open hours prior to COVID-19 (minimum 30 hours per week)
- Locally-owned (privately held by Western Washington residents)
- Business may have no more than three (3) outlets or locations total
- May not be a recipient of other COVID-19 grant support greater than $5,000
- Business owner must be able to complete and sign a W-9 form
Notification of Award
If your business has been identified as qualifying for this round of grants, staff from one of the organizations administering this fund will be contacting you directly by email or phone by 5pm, Friday, May 15th. If you believe your business qualifies and you have not heard from us by the end of the day on Friday, please inquire via email at email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT INQUIRE PRIOR TO 5pm, FRIDAY, MAY 15th. Thank you for your cooperation.